These eligibility requirements are subject to change for the next grant cycle. This information will be updated in early 2022.
- Awards support the planning or implementation of capital projects that reduce emissions by improving efficiency in building energy use.
- The museum / institution must be physically located in the U.S. or its territories.
- Only institutions with visual arts collections may apply. These museums have either a full spectrum of visual arts offerings, or specialties in areas of the visual arts. This includes institutions that own ceramics, sculpture, photographs, paintings, drawings, etchings, and art history materials.
- There are no institutional or budget size limitations or preferences. Museums of all sizes are encouraged to apply.
- Only one inquiry per institution, please.
These grants range from $10,000 to $25,000 and have 1 or 2-year timeframes. These grants benefit museums that are getting started in reducing their emissions footprint while reducing their reliance on fossil fuels to heat, cool, and power their buildings.
Technical Assistance Grants
These grants range from $25,000 to $50,000 and have 1 or 2-year timeframes.
These grants range from $50,000 to $100,000 and may take up to 2 years or more.