2023 Grant Cycle Dates:
Deadline for Scoping and Technical assistance full proposals, and Implementation LOIs
Notice for Scoping and Technical Assistance, with invitations for full proposals for Implementation
Implementation proposals due
Notice for Implementation plus full public announcements
- The eligibility information for the 2023 cycle will be updated in the Fall of 2022.
- Awards support the planning or implementation of capital projects that reduce emissions by improving efficiency in building energy use.
- Only institutions that have visual arts as a key part of their mission and programming may apply. This includes collecting and non-collecting institutions as well as visual arts schools.
- The institution must be physically located in the U.S. or its territories.
- There are no institutional or budget size limitations or preferences. Museums of all sizes are encouraged to apply.
- Only one inquiry per institution, please.
These grants range from $10,000 to $25,000 and have 1 or 2-year timeframes. These grants benefit institutions that are getting started in reducing their emissions footprint while reducing their reliance on fossil fuels to heat, cool, and power their buildings.
Technical Assistance Grants
These grants range from $25,000 to $50,000 and have 1 or 2-year timeframes.
These grants range from $50,000 to $100,000 and may take up to 2 years or more.